Headway UK and London Regions
A registered charity covering the UK that aims to promote understanding of all aspects of brain injury and to provide information, support and services to people who have suffered a brain injury, their family and carers.
A network of local Groups (affiliated to Headway UK) and Branches throughout the UK and Channel Islands offers a wide range of services, including rehabilitation programmes, carer support, social re-integration, community outreach and respite care. Headway UK provides support to these Groups and Branches and guidance on policies, procedures, standards and training.
UKABIF aims to promote understanding of all aspects of acquired brain injury (ABI).
Our priorities are to educate, inform and provide networking opportunities for professionals, service providers, planners and policy makers and to raise the profile of ABI and campaign for better services in the UK.
Our website works as an information and signposting resource. Here you will find:
- details about acquired brain injury, including the latest data and changes to policy
- a comprehensive events database, which details conferences, courses and study days relating to ABI
- a directory of rehabilitation services, which is searchable by region
- a jobs page with all the latest vacant posts in the field
Working for better brain injury services
ABIL is a group of front-line professionals, policy makers, survivors of acquired brain injury and relatives and carers working to advance the brain injury agenda across London. It was launched during Brain Injury Awareness Week in March 2007
- To raise awareness of Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) across London
- To encourage the development and dissemination of good practice in the care and support of ABI survivors and their families and carers across London
- To campaign for better services for ABI survivors and their families and carers across London.